Sunday, October 30, 2011

31 Weeks...a trip to Chicago and our daughter's name

Whew! What a BUSY week this past week was! Monday morning I flew out to Chicago for the entire week for work. I was really nervous about this trip because I knew it would be long days and nights and I would be tired. I stuck it out and overall it was a great trip. I know I don't need to keep saying this, but I really love my job. Being this pregnant and being new at a company I try really hard to not act pregnant. People are always very concerned with how I'm doing and I just try my best to act as normal as I can. I don't want special treatment just because I'm expecting. I'm still Emily, just pregnant and can't move as fast.
Dan flew up on Friday to meet me downtown and we spent the weekend together and got to spend time with my friend Jamie and her boyfriend Brent. Such a fun weekend! I love Chicago. I lived there for 6 months right after college and it was so nice to be back. Chicago is such a beautiful city with so much to do. It's only a two hour flight too, easy breezy. We can't wait to go back.

I haven't talked about what we are naming Baby Tumis. I'm not sure why, I just wasn't ready to post it online. We have known what we are naming her since the day we found out she was a girl. We didn't really discuss our list of names with anyone before because we didn't want opinions of anyone else. We wanted a name that wasn't too common and could go for a child or an adult. It sounds silly but we would always ask ourselves how would that name look on a resume. There are so many wonderful names out there but we wanted one that fit us and what we imagine our daughter to be. Hopefully she likes it :) Baby girl Tumis will be named Charlotte Rose.

Dan and I always kept a list of name prospects and Charlotte was never on the list. Then one day we thought of it and knew that would be the name of our daughter. Her middle name is Rose after our grandmother's. My grandmother was an incredible woman that I adored and unfortunately was only in my life until I was 15. She loved shoes which might be where I got it from. Her middle name was Rose. Dan's grandmother, Rosie, passed away before we got engaged. I'm told she made the best fried chicken around.

Charlotte, we can't wait to meet you. Please come before Christmas!

2 comments: