Thursday, October 6, 2011

27 Weeks...and our Baby Moon!

Last week Dan and I celebrated this pregnancy with a mini vacation aka our Baby Moon. The intention of a baby moon is a last vacation before the baby comes. Kind of like a honeymoon before the baby. We booked a trip back in June and decided to go to NYC for a long weekend. Dan had never been and I hadn't been since high school.

We stayed at the W Hotel that was 3 blocks from Rockefeller Plaza. It rained about half the time we were there but that didn't stop us. We went to Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, basically all the main tourist attractions. When Dan and I travel we normally go non stop and walk everywhere. This time was a little different which I was not expecting. I pushed myself as hard and I could and there were times that my body just told me to slow down. Luckily there were benches everywhere and New Yorker's are very kind to pregnant women.

One morning we were at the NBC studio watching the Today Show and Brooke Shield's just walked right past us. It was too fast to pull out my camera, but she is so beautiful in person. She had just come off of the Today Show and walked past with her assistant.

The main part of our trip that both of us were looking forward to was going to go see Wicked. Dan had never been to a Broadway play and didn't know what to expect. I think we were both blown away at this show. It was worth the money we spent on the tickets and we will definitely be seeing it again one day. During intermission I stood up to go to the bathroom and went to wait in the very very very long line. One of the workers came over to me and whispered for me to follow him. He took me to an elevator and told me to take it to the 2nd floor where a woman would show me where to go. So I took the elevator and it was to the handicap bathroom! To a 6 1/2 month pregnant woman this was like Christmas. I felt like a celebrity!



Here I am at 27 weeks. My weight gain has slowed down a lot which makes me very happy but I am still getting bigger as this little girl keeps growing. She must be having a great time because she does a dance party in my stomach all day long. Next week I will be officially in my 3rd trimester!

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't Wicked awesome? I really enjoyed it.

    Glad you guys got away for a trip.

    ReplyDelete