Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Vintage Garden Tea Party

This weekend we were so honored to be thrown an amazing baby shower by my friends Lisa, Shawn and Jamie. The shower was at Lisa's home which is always a treat to visit. These women completely outdid themselves. I was blown away at all the details they put into this amazing shower. Everything from the invitations to the food to the flower arrangements were so thoughtful. The pictures do not do justice at how beautiful everything was. There were so many wonderful women that came out to Lisa's home today to celebrate our baby girl. We received such thoughtful gifts from everyone which are so appreciated.

The invitation read for everyone to wear their a chic chapeau (hat) to the shower. It was so fun to see everyone's hats. I am a hat person so I loved it!




A really special gift was given to us by Lisa. She wrote a story of the gift in the card. When she found out she was pregnant with her son the first thing she bought was a stuffed bear that she just had to have. Her son is now 13 and he wanted to give the bear away which broke Lisa's heart. He told her that he wasn't a baby anymore and she needed to give it to someone else having a baby. Lisa decided to give it to me for our baby. The bear had been torn so she gave it to my mom to repair. My mom made a little outfit for the bear to cover the damaged areas. This gift was so thoughtful and brought tears to my eyes. What a special gift to pass onto our daughter!

Thank you to everyone for coming today! It is a day that I will remember always! You all truly know how to make a girl feel so special! I can't wait for all of you to meet our daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment