Wow 2012 flew by! I know that each year will continue to go fast but we are going to soak in as much as possible. So much happened over this past year and looking through our thousands of pictures it was really hard to narrow it down to just 12 things but I'm going to try. Get ready for major picture overload! A lot of these are from my Instagram (emilytumis). In no particular order, here are some of my favorite moments of 2012.
1) Spending every waking moment with our newborn while I was on maternity leave was incredible. It was a really fast 7 weeks but it was so fun. Sometimes I miss those days of laying in bed with her sleeping the day away. There were a lot of iPhone pictures taken to send to Dan during the day.
2) Charlotte being baptized was a highlight of the year for sure. That afternoon she smiled and giggled more than she every had. Such a sweet day.
3) Moving into our dream home and being closer to family- It was a wild ride with a new baby, new job and moving, but so worth it. We love it here.
4) Our trip to Italy- I didn't blog about this but in August Dan and I took our 4th trip to Italy. This time it was with Dan's company on his sales incentive trip. We love Italy and hope to take Charlotte there one day.
5) Our first family trip to the Hill Country- Such a relaxing mini vacation for us.
6) Charlotte's First Birthday- What a fun day for us! I had so much fun planning Charlotte's birthday and it was the perfect party for our little lady!
7) Our first visit to Colorado for Thanksgiving- I was really nervous for the drive but it was a great trip!
8) Mother's Day- My first Mother's Day was so special. We spent it with my side of the family and had a large brunch at our house. Such a special day for us.
9) A personal highlight of the year was finding a way to exercise that I truly love. I've already signed up for two races for this year and I'm excited to complete my first half marathon.
10) Finger Painting with Charlotte- I loved when Charlotte was in the snuggle stage, but now that she can kind of do things, it is so much fun. I can't wait for her to help me decorate cookies next year.
11) Spending time outside- Now that we are on a little bit of land we spend a lot of time outside. It is so nice to take C out in the wagon, swim in our pool (I know it's a blow up pool but it counts!) and we don't have to worry about our neighbors watching our every move.
12) Family Visits- We have had so much family come stay with us the past year and we feel so fortunate that they want to come see us! Our new house is also a lot closer to my family so we spend a lot of time together.
2012 is going to be hard to top! Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2013 has started off great for all of you!