Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nursery Progress!

We have made a ton of progress on the nursery this week. It has been really fun to see it come together. We still have a long way to go but the main parts are done. There are so many cute nursery ideas out there but I wanted to come up with my own idea without spending a ton of money. I've always been a DIY person and luckily I always get lots of help when I start a project. The room we are using for a nursery is huge. The closet is the same size as our master closet which is really nice. At the rate we are going our baby is going to have enough clothes to fill it up! We decided to use the big guest room as the nursery so we can keep a lot of her toys and stuff in there. We live in a one story so we plan on being in her room a lot.

First I had to come up with a paint color to paint the room. I wanted to do something neutral but wanted to stay away from the tan that was already in there. I love color but didn't want to do pink walls. We went for Sherwin Williams Grayish. I'm obsessed with this color. It was really hard to find the right gray because most of them are look blue or green. The gray actually looks gray and goes great with the nursery colors. My brother, Kade, did an amazing job painting and we are so grateful!

Next, I had to find fabric. As I have mentioned, my amazing mom is making all of the bedding. She is so great at sewing and is so excited to start. At first I thought I wanted to go with peaches and pinks and then I found these fabrics and knew that these were it. Girly but not to babyish and many colors to choose from for accents. I love fabrics because there are so many to choose from and you can find exactly what you are looking for most of the time.

When Dan and I got married (4 years ago this week!) we received a lot of furniture from my family. We love old pieces with character and coming from two apartments we were thankful for all that we were given. We were able to almost fill our home with furniture and we have still have hardly bought anything. One of the pieces we were given was a long dresser that we kept in our guest room. I decided to use this piece as a changing table/dresser in the nursery. We painted it turquoise and it turned out great!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I also bought a side table and painted it turquoise. This is going to go next to our chair that is coming in soon.
I'm looking forward to working on the nursery over the next few months. There is still so much to do but it is nice to see progress. We set up the crib the other night and it looks great. We went with a simple white crib from Pottery Barn.
I'll post more once we have finished everything. I think it's funny how much time we are spending to make this room perfect when our baby won't even sleep in there for a few months after she is born. Hopefully she will love her room! I know Dan and I have had a great time working on it! 19 week update coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment