Monday, July 25, 2011

16 Weeks!

I can't believe we are already at 16 weeks! I feel like I am definitely getting bigger every day. This week our baby girl can hear! Dan has asked me weekly when he thinks our baby can start hearing because he wants to read her stories and talk to her. Well, week 16 it is! They say that she is going to get used to noises like dogs barking and the vacuum so it shouldn't bother her when she gets here. Our little pup, Dylan, likes to bark so hopefully she will get used to hearing him!

People are so funny when you tell them you are pregnant. For instance, this week we told an older person (that we aren't related to) that we are pregnant and her response was, "well it looked like your face was rounder than the last time I saw you." Wow. Thank you for that comment. That makes me feel awesome :) Gaining weight has been the hardest part of this whole thing. I work really hard to eat healthy and work out and it is strange to see the scale go up. All of my friends look amazing after having their babies and I hope I can go back to my normal size. I know every pound is needed to make this little girl healthy and strong.

People (older women) also like to re-live their birthing experiences with me. I really don't want to know all the details of all women's pregnancies. I realize that it is going to be painful and it will all be worth it, but I want to go into it blinded and have my own experience :) Pregnancy definitely gets you a lot of attention in a good and bad way!

This week I felt great besides little pains here and there. My hips are starting to hurt after I work out and I guess it is because they are changing. I can't complain too much though! It's all been great so far! Here I am in my 16 week picture wearing a Pickled Lily dress! It's fun to finally get to wear the clothes I've been looking at for so long. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment