Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Charlotte Month!

This morning I got a sweet text from my friend April that said, "Happy Charlotte Month!". It made my day to see that and then reality set in...I am going to have a baby this month. Here I have been pregnant for what feels like forever and now December is finally here. We will get to meet Charlotte very soon. My doctor scheduled an induction date of December 26 if she is not here before then. I'm hoping she is here before Christmas, but it is up to her. We will be ready for her when she decides she wants to meet us.

From the moment we got our due date I have said that I don't want Charlotte to be born on Christmas. I'm probably wearing everyone out about this and I realize it is completely out of my control but I want her birthday to be special every year. Dan and my mom's birthday is around Thanksgiving every year and they both say they love it because family is around but I feel that Christmas is different. We have talked about celebrating her half birthday during the summer when she gets old enough to understand what a birthday party is.

I'm not scared yet, I'm just really excited. I have no idea what labor will be like but I know that I have an awesome man by my side to help me through it. I can't wait to see him with his daughter.

This month we are taking it easy and staying home a lot. Our families will be here for Christmas and hopefully for Charlotte's birthday. We can't wait!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for her month! I'm so surprised/impressed that your doctor scheduled a date for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is December 22nd. My parents always made it special by taking me to dinner on the actual day, and we just had an actual party a week or two early. :) Can't wait to hear when she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea ! Cannot wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I'm getting so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete