Friday, December 23, 2011

Charlotte's First Week

I cannot believe that it has already been a week since our little girl was born. She has stolen our hearts and we feel so blessed that she is here with us. It is amazing that in just a week we can already see her little personality coming out. I don't want to jinx it, but we have an awesome baby. She sleeps great, eats great, loves to be held but is also independent and doesn't mind laying by herself. It is definitely an adjustment having a little one at our house but we can't imagine life any other way.




This past week has been a whirlwind. The days pass by so fast which make me sad at times because I know that life is just going to continue to speed past us. We have lots of friends and family that have stopped by to visit which we have loved. Today is the first day we have had to ourselves as our little family and it's been nice to feel normal again. We are in a routine and Dan and I have our systems down for feedings and diaper changes. We have even ventured out to get out of the house to run to Walgreen's or CVS. We try to not get too crazy! Dan and I left Charlotte with the grandma's the other day and went to lunch by ourselves and finished up some last minute Christmas shopping and then had to rush home to hold our little girl because we missed her so much. She sleeps 90% of the time but she is still so entertaining.

I know that everyone says this, but I never imagined how much I could love this little girl. Immediately after she was born I knew our lives had changed in such an amazing way. I can't believe that we get to keep her forever! She is a great sleeper but it was Dan and I that had a hard time sleeping the first couple of nights. We both kept getting up to makes sure she wasn't too cold or hot and that she was still breathing. One night I finally just picked her up and put her on my chest to sleep so that I could feel her breathing. Now we are all sleeping great and we actually feel rested.


Dan is off of work for a couple of weeks which is amazing. I love him being here and us figuring out all of this together. He is such a natural with Charlotte. He just picks her up, changes her, puts her in the cute outfits we have and has become a pro swaddler. I feel like I definitely hit the jackpot with him.

I am so in love with our daughter and even more in love with my husband. We have begun this new chapter in our lives and I can't wait to see what happens next. I have lots of pictures that I need to post and Charlotte's birth story, but now I have to go feed our little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment