Monday, September 5, 2011

23 Weeks...I have officially turned into my mom

Turning into my mom is definitely not a bad thing! She is one of the strongest most beautiful women I know! I've mentioned before that she sews and quilts and is making our baby bedding. She also made a lot of our clothes growing up...Oh the styles in the 80's...She really is a great seamstress I promise! Apparently these jumpers were in style back in the day. My favorite is the matching scrunchie headband. Anyway, I've had some extra time on my hands lately and why not add another hobby to my list? I finally, have started to sew. I consider myself pretty crafty and have wanted to start sewing for a while. I pulled out a sewing machine that my MIL (mother in law) gave to me and my mom helped me figure out how to use it. So far I am loving it and can see how it can be addicting. So far I've made some cute burp cloths for our little girl. The state of our kitchen table is a disaster at the moment! Luckily my hubby is understanding of my hobbies.

We are at 23 weeks this week! Only 17 more weeks left but who's counting :) Our little papaya is kicking up a storm still. Maybe she'll be on drill team and do the kick line like I did or be a basketball player like Dan was. Whatever makes her happy! All I know is that she is VERY active most of the day. We have another doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and I look forward to hearing her heartbeat again. It's nice that I feel her move all the time now so I know she's ok but it's always great to hear the heartbeat.
We registered at Target this week. Target was SO much easier to get around. I got lots of advice last week so thank you! We need all the help we can get! I had to post a pic of my cute husband manning the scanner gun.
I hope everyone has enjoyed their long weekend! I know we have!

2 comments:

  1. I love your site, Emily! And you look so cute with that tummy! I know you and Dan are so excited about the big arrival. And I know your Mom is ecstatic! We'll stay tuned and hope you post lots of pictures! Have you been keeping up with little Polly? She's growing fast. Take care of yourself.
    Love, Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you create! I tried to learn to sew and failed miserably..almost laughably!

    ReplyDelete