Tuesday, September 13, 2011

24 Weeks...almost in the home stretch!

We are 6 months down and our little girl is the size of a papaya! I can feel her getting bigger by where she kicks. At first her kicks were really low and now they are more towards the middle of my stomach. Feeling her kick is a normal thing now. She kicks ALL day long and Dan and I can see her little kicks through my skin.

I've been going to an hour long yoga class at my gym and it is definitely getting harder. It would be so easy to just give up working out for the next few months because I am not seeing any results, but I'm determined to keep working out until the end. It makes me feel so much better and I know it's good for me.

We have one more doctor's appointment in a few weeks where I have to do the glucose test, and then we start going every two weeks. Crazy! My doctor is going to monitor the size of the baby really close at the end so she doesn't get too big. Watch her be 7 lbs or something when she's born and I have done all this worrying for nothing.

Dan planned a date day for us this past weekend and didn't tell me what we were doing until that morning. We started the day playing putt putt. Any time Dan and I are trying to figure out what to do he suggests putt putt. In the 8 years we have been together we have never played. Guess who got 3 holes in one?! This girl did! It was a really fun morning.

We had a picnic at a park and enjoyed the beautiful weather after putt putt. I am SO ready for the cool weather to be permanent. Dan took me to get a pedicure and enjoyed getting one himself. He says that he went with me because I am pregnant but I think he enjoyed it :)

The last part of our date was going to the movies in Allen called iPic. It was by far the neatest movie theater we have ever been to. You pay a little more but the price includes free popcorn and a drink. The seats were so amazing and you even had your own blanket and pillow. We ordered dinner that was really good also. I expected the food to be ok, but it was great! The most difficult part was eating in the dark.
Overall, my hubby planned such a fun day for us to spend together. I guess it's my turn to plan our next date day. We are so excited to expand our family and it makes me cherish the moments Dan and I have together by ourselves. We only have a few more months of just the two of us!

1 comment: