Monday, June 20, 2011

11 Weeks and a staycation

I can't believe that we are 11 weeks already! I say "we" because it's our baby, even though I am the one carrying it, Dan is definitely doing his part in this. He has to put up with me and has been so wonderful. He says I've been pretty good so far :) This week I started to get really, really tired. I didn't work out this week like I have been, so maybe that's it. I'm great until about 1:00 and then I turn into a zombie. I compare it to when we have flown overseas and not slept on the plane and you are so tired you just want to pass out. Carrying a baby is a lot of work!

We had another doctor's appointment last Thursday that went great. We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time which was really amazing. Our due date was moved again to January 7. I'm just going to start saying sometime in January we will have a baby. I guess the computer calculates it every time. Not the greatest 11 week picture, but you can see I'm definitely starting to fill out! Yay for almost being done with the first trimester!!
This weekend we wanted to get away but not actually go far, so we went to our favorite little hotel The Belmont for a night. We have stayed there in years past and loved it. They are an old motor hotel right outside of downtown Dallas near Oak Cliff. The views are amazing and it's a very boutique feel. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants, Hattie's. Saturday we went to the pool and hung out there for a while then came home and you guessed it, took a nap! It seems to be a daily thing at our house this week for me. I didn't take many pictures, but we had a great time.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats again, guys!

    And, let me say, you are sooo lucky that the tiredness didn't hit until 11 weeks! It gets earlier each time. And, while I'd like to say the exercising would help, it didn't help my energy! (With Isabelle, I was teaching 7 aerobics classes a week, and I would take an hour nap before teaching each one an still I would feel like a zombie.) I like to call it "the wall!" But, you are almost passed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS! We are so thrilled for the 2 of you! I was just thinking about you and now am so happy to hear this news :) I hope you continue to feel well throughout the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Dan and Emily! It's a good thing dan has freakishly long arms to take pictures. Ironically they didn't help his rebounding....

    ReplyDelete