Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meeting The Pioneer Woman


On Valentine's Day I left my Valentine at home while my friend Danielle and I went to meet THE Pioneer Woman. For those of you who don't know who Ree Drummond is, you should. She has the most popular blog in the world and is in my mind one of the most inspiring women I have ever met. Not only does she have 4 kids, she home schools them, lives on a ranch, gardens, is a photographer, an amazing cook, and has a great marriage. She writes daily about crazy things that happen on the ranch and talks about motherhood and life from an honest perspective. Anyway, she was as beautiful in person as she is in her pictures. She had brought all of her kids and her husband to the book signing. The signing started at 6:00. Danielle and I had to pick up wrist bands when the store opened that morning to get assigned to a group. We got to Borders at 10:05 and got assigned Group 2. Each group had 100 people. Ree spoke for about 10 minutes and then the book signing started. We didn't walk out the door until 9 pm and we were in Group 2! There were 10 groups! It was so fun to meet her in person and definitely worth the wait! I really wanted to ask her how she stays so thin cooking all of her recipes!
Danielle and The Pioneer Woman


No comments:

Post a Comment