Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Here is a summary of what we did on this awesome 3 day weekend:
1) Drove to Houston to see our friends Martin, April, and baby Henry.
Henry is such a good baby and tolerated April and I shopping for hours on Saturday. Here is a picture of Henry when I was holding him trying to make him smile and laugh. (I obviously rock at doing this because he is smiling in the picture)

I feel that I have a lot of experience with babies but it was very apparent that I do not have enough when while trying to make Henry laugh by holding him above my head, I didn't think to myself "Henry probably just ate and I shouldn't be bouncing him around..." Moments after this picture was taken, Henry while in the air laughing proceeded to toss his breakfast all over me....all in my hair, down my neck and all over my shirt. Then he started smiling again. I obviously need to have common sense when it comes to babies from now on. No, I didn't get a picture of the aftermath, but I'm sure you can picture how I looked.

How cute is Henry sucking his thumb?

Martin and April also took us to this awesome coffee place where they put designs in your coffee.


2) Pickled Lily.

Sarah and I spent a lot of time on the phone this weekend picking out new merchandise for Pickled Lily. I have mentioned that I own a maternity and baby boutique called Pickled Lily right? We have super cute stuff and I am so excited about some new merchandise we have ordered. We are also offering a 20% discount until September 15! code: 20OFF

Also, if you are pregnant or have a child under 24 mo (right now our baby clothes only go up to 24 mo), and you haven't seen anything you would purchase off of Pickled Lily, what would you like to see? We are always open to suggestions!

3) BBQ at the house with family and friends.

I always say how Dan and I tend to do too much, but who doesn't love hanging out with friends on a beautiful day? Monday we spent the day working in the flower beds (much needed!), grocery shopping and cooking. One of my favorite things to do, besides hanging out with Dan, traveling and yoga is cook! We try to cook every night of the week and I normally get recipes off of Chocolate Broccoli or out of Cooking Light. If you haven't checked out either of those, you need to! I try to cook pretty healthy, but it is a holiday, so I threw in some Pioneer Woman recipes into today's spread. Not that all of her recipes are unhealthy, but they just normally call for more butter than I normally use :)

We had a great time playing on our new Cornhole boards made by Jordan, eating food and just hanging out enjoying our day off from work. Rebecca brought Chase and Dan had a blast playing with him.

Overall, we had a great weekend and are sad it's over. Yay for a 4 day work week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're having a blast, sister!! Can't wait to see you and Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete